Hyperbaric & Diving medicine
On demand we perform consultations, accompaniment
and second opinion in the field of hyperbaric and diving medicine.
Accepted indications for hyperbaric oxygen therapy
by the European
Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine (ECHM) and Dutch
College for Care Insurances (CvZ) are:
- decompression illness
- wounds caused by radiation injury
- bone inflammation caused by radiation injury
- bowel ulceration caused by radiation injury (radiation
proctitis and radiation enteritis)
- bladder ulceration caused by radiation injury
- diabetic foot ulcers (DFU)
- skin- and muscle transplantation with circulation
We will respond to all questions in the field of
hyperbaric medicine. Treatment will often be instituted after referral
at the Institute
for Hyperbaric Medicine (IVHG) with residences in Arnhem, Hoogeveen
In case of decompression ilnesses or physical complaints
after diving we can advise and
- if necessary - refer for treatment, that will often be instituted at
medical Centre (DMC) in Den Helder.
After a diving accident or decompression illness we can advise as to the
future fitness for diving.
For professional divers we can offer a second opinion in case of an "unfit
to dive" verdict after medical examination.
Prices on request.
As indicator we charge € 25,= for consultation (maximum 15 minutes).